Wednesday 28 June 2017

Foreshore

Waiting for you was one of the most painful things I had ever been through. I chose to sit on the sands with the waves of time drenching me with the echoes of the past, waiting for you. But little did I know that your footsteps were long washed away from this foreshore. You were probably on the foreshore of a divergent cosmos, building castles of memories with someone else.

But why did I keep waiting? I could easily move on to the multitudinous foreshores waiting for the imprints of my footsteps. "This is not the only foreshore in this universe", said someone. But how could I ever explain to this person that my totality was you. The first glimmer of sunshine on the dawn was your smile;the vigorous waves that tossed me upside down your rage. The hours spent talking to you blazed the island of my solitude.

Alas, I knew that all of it was lost now. Lost in a summer song that you can only listen to from the playlist of your memories, but can never recreate them. But still I kept waiting..

                        "I kept waiting for you,
                 as in an empty station when the trains are parked off"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Into oblivion

I send my regards to you dear stranger whose name lies forgotten in the deep history of the gone. You kept the light of your ...